Anića Kuk hilltop – approximately 5 hours of walking
Due to its unique natural features, magnificent forests and extraordinary geomorphologic structures, the area of Velika and Mala Paklenica was proclaimed a national park in 1949. The Paklenica National Park stretches through an area of 95 km2, on the littoral slope of South Velebit under the zone of the highest mountain peaks Vaganski vrh (1752 m) and Sveto brdo (1753 m).
Distinctive features of Paklenica National Park are autochthonous forests of black pine, several types of beech forests and deep canyons with torrent flows of Velika and Mala Paklenica.
Anića kuk is the highest cliff on Velebit and the most remarkable cliff in all of Croatia. The cliff is over 300 meters in height, and it is famous for its diversity, overhangs and various natural puzzles for rock climbers.
The top of Anića kuk is a great viewpoint from which you can see the canyon of Velika Paklenica and the highest peaks of Velebit, Maslenica bridge, as well as the archipelago around Starigrad Paklenica.
This hiking excursion is intended for hikers:
• who enjoy light hiking trails
• who are in good shape and can walk 4-5 h
• who want to see southern Velebit with all of its peaks
• who want to experience the unbelievable beauty of Paklenica National Park
• who want to experience a fantastic view of the sea from the summit of Anića kuk
• who are guided by expert guides.
Departures every Tuesday from April 15th – September 15th 2018.
– 5.45 h Pick up from your address (hotel, hostel, apartment, etc.)
– 6.00 h depart from Roosweltova 44, Split towards NP Paklenica (Split – Paklenica, 2 hours drive)
– 8:00 h entrance to NP Paklenica and walk on the educational trail Pjeskarica
– 9:30 h start of the hike towards Anića kuk (712 m)
– 12:00 h arrival to the top of Anića kuk (712 m)
– 14:30 h visit to the educational tunnel in the canyon of Velika Paklenica
– 16:00 h return to Split
– 18:30 h arrival to Split
Length of trail: approximately 5 hours walk.
Fitness difficulty: K 2
Technical difficulty: T 2
Food: each hiker carries his/her own food and water.
• food which is not sensitive to heat
• fruit (apples, oranges, dried fruit)
• energy bars
• rehidromix (rehydration mix)
• water (min 3 l for the day)
• backpack (20-30 l)
• hiking shoes
• pants, long
• swim suit
• quick dry shirts
• wind breaker
• cap or hat
• mini first aid kit
• small knife
• cell phone
Before registering and paying for the trip please fill out the PZ questionnaire.
Shortly thereafter you will receive an e-mail confirmation if this type of trip is appropriate for you. This is followed by reservation payment
Included in the price:
• organization of the trip
• licensed (UIMLA) guide
• insurance policy by Triglav osiguranje
Not included in the price:
• entrance ticked to NP Paklenica
• food and drinks for the day
• snack in one of the local establishments
• tip for the guide
• in case the excursion is cancelled due to bad weather conditions it is possible to choose a different excursion with a different date
• in case the excursion is cancelled due to bad weather conditions a refund of the reservation payment will be awarded with a 5% hold for bank transaction costs
• The conditions for a refund are as follows:
– Cancellation requested up to 7 days before the Transfer – 95% refund (will be awarded with a 5% hold for bank transaction costs)
– Cancellation requested up to 24 hrs before the Transfer – 80% refund
– Cancellation requested within 24 hrs of the Transfer – no refund